12″ by 16″
In this 3 hour class you’ll explore the use of photo decals in glass fusing, beginning with a small (but high resolution) image of your choosing. It could be a sailboat, a pet, a logo or other symbol, a flower, or (almost) anything you choose. Stacey will work with you to help you find an optimal image for this process given the technological constraints. She’ll then process the photo in Photoshop so it can be sent to the decal makers. They require 10 -14 days, so this step must be completed a couple of weeks before the class begins. But don’t worry, we’ll have some extra decals of our own designs made so those who want to join the class later will have something to play with.
During class, each person will create two small art pieces incorporating their photograph. Sized from 3″ by 4″ up to around 4″ by 6.” We’ll use frit (powdered glass), stringers (long skinny pieces of glass), sheet glass in transparent and opaque, and extra sparkly dichroic glass to embellish our designs.
Projects will be fired after class and available for pick up within a few days. We can also ship.
The cost for this fun day is $125, which includes everything you need (glass, use of tools and kiln firing) except for eye protection. Please bring safety glasses that fit your face. If you wear prescription glasses you won’t need extra eye protection. Class size is limited to three, so each person has plenty of space and attention.
Other classes we offer include: first fusing class, dichroic glass jewelry making and plant fossils in glass. Call or email for more info.
Posted in Art, Classes, fun, fused glass
Tagged Bullseye glass, children's glass fusing class, Denick, fun class for kids families, fused glass, Fused glass class in Sebastopol, fused glass classes, fused glass instruction, How to fuse glass, how to incorporate photography into fused glass, How to make fused dichroic glass, image transfer for fused glass, Leland Dennick, photo decal for fused glass, private instruction, Sebastopol, Sonoma county fused glass class, Stacey Alysa Dennick, techniques, winter holiday fun instruction
Make a beautiful 6″ square piece of glass art with Plant fossils or Fossil Vitae for you Latin buffs.
Leland Dennick teaches this class in his home studio in Sebastopol, CA.
We’ll hit the trail right outside our studio to find foilage for the Leaf Fossil dish. Learn to use powdered glass, called frit, for lovely leaf impressions on iridescent glass.
More info coming soon…
Posted in Art, Classes
Tagged Bullseye glass, children's glass fusing class, Denick, fossil vitae glass technique, fused glass, Fused glass class in Sebastopol, fused glass instruction, Leaf Fossil, Leland Dennick, Sebastopol, Sonoma county fused glass class, Stacey Alysa Dennick, techniques
In this 3.5 hour class you’ll make two 4″ by 4″ coasters and one 6″ square piece using several different techniques.
Projects will be fired after class and available for pick up in within a few days. We can also ship.
• The day begins with a brief safety talk and gets rolling with a lecture demo on the most important aspects of working with fused glass: color reactions, volume control & fun.
• We’ll then cut and assemble pieces for the first coaster. No prior glass work experience is necessary, but those who do have experience can enjoy more complicated projects. Ideas include abstract designs, self portraits (fun for kids!) and animal portraits. We’ll use sheet glass, powdered glass (AKA grit), stringers (long skinny sticks of glass) and glass rods of Bullseye brand fusable glass.
• For the second coaster students can choose from our pre-made part sheets to create a silly fish or other design. Part sheets are patterned glass made from a combination of advanced techniques resulting in unique glass with various designs and textures.
• The third project, a 6″ square, may be created using any of the above techniques.
The class fee includes glass and firing costs. Class size is limited to two, so each person has plenty of space and attention.
Call me for more info. – Leland
Posted in Art, Classes, fun, fused glass
Tagged Bullseye glass, fossil vitae glass technique, fun class for kids families, Fused glass class in Sebastopol, fused glass instruction, Leaf Fossil, Leland Dennick, lessons, private instruction, Sebastopol, self portrait in class, Sonoma county fused glass class, Stacey Alysa Dennick, techniques
You asked for it, I’m offering private lessons in glass fusing at our studio in Sebastopol.
Here’s how it works. For an hour fee (two hour minimum) I’ll provide instruction and tools – cutters, grinder, tile saw, kilns, polishers, etc. You only need to bring your own eye protection (glasses or safety glasses) and wear appropriate clothing (including closed toe shoes). The fee includes some glass. Additional glass and materials are available for purchase. Buy just enough to complete your project. In addition to Bullseye brand’s vibrant color palette of 90 COE glass, my students can also use one of a kind components that I’ve made, incuding raked, painted and layered glass.
Learn a new technique, make gifts, have fun! Adults, and children age 8 and up with parental supervision. One to two people at a time.
BAKE AND TAKE PROJECTS
Here are a few project ideas to pique your imagination:
• Coasters – suitable for beginner to advanced
• Self portrait – great for kids
• Sushi plate- suitable for beginner to advanced
• Sun catchers and ornaments
• Pendants, cabuchons, and earrings
• Heart dish or wavy bowl
• Box with fused glass inset
LEARN NEW TECHNIQUES
• Basic fusing & slumping
• Frit imagery (using powdered glass)
• Using color reactions for texture and depth
• Create and fuse your own decals (additional supply fees apply)
• 22 Kt gold leaf inclusions (additional supply fees apply)
• Paint with Sunshine vitreous water based, non-toxic enamels
• The art of cold working with diamond polishers
• The Bubble up technique for creating organic patterns in glass
• Working thick – multi-layered imagery
Sound like fun? It is. Call or email for more information.
Posted in Art, fun, fused glass
Tagged 90 COE, Bullseye glass, children's glass fusing class, fused glass, Fused glass class in Sebastopol, fused glass classes, kid's fused glass class, kiln formed glass, Leland Dennick, lessons, private instruction, Sebastopol, Sonoma county fused glass class, Stacey Alysa Dennick, techniques, winter holiday fun instruction