Stacey & I taught a fused glass class at the Lodge at Sonoma this past January. Normally my classes are in my Sebastopol studio, however, my new business card should read; Have Glass Will Travel. Participants made a tile, or pendants in just three hours. Super cool!
You guys are awesome and were so much fun. Thank you! Nils, workshop participant
Dish by first time fuser
Posted in Art, Classes, fused glass
Tagged award-winning glass art, Bullseye glass, children's glass fusing class, Denick, dichroic glass, fun class for kids families, Fused glass art, Fused glass class in Sebastopol, fused glass classes, Glass artist, How to fuse glass, kiln formed glass, Leland Dennick, lessons, private instruction, Sebastopol, Sonoma county fused glass class, Stacey Alysa Dennick
You asked for it, I’m offering private lessons in glass fusing at our studio in Sebastopol.
Here’s how it works. For an hour fee (two hour minimum) I’ll provide instruction and tools – cutters, grinder, tile saw, kilns, polishers, etc. You only need to bring your own eye protection (glasses or safety glasses) and wear appropriate clothing (including closed toe shoes). The fee includes some glass. Additional glass and materials are available for purchase. Buy just enough to complete your project. In addition to Bullseye brand’s vibrant color palette of 90 COE glass, my students can also use one of a kind components that I’ve made, incuding raked, painted and layered glass.
Learn a new technique, make gifts, have fun! Adults, and children age 8 and up with parental supervision. One to two people at a time.
BAKE AND TAKE PROJECTS
Here are a few project ideas to pique your imagination:
• Coasters – suitable for beginner to advanced
• Self portrait – great for kids
• Sushi plate- suitable for beginner to advanced
• Sun catchers and ornaments
• Pendants, cabuchons, and earrings
• Heart dish or wavy bowl
• Box with fused glass inset
LEARN NEW TECHNIQUES
• Basic fusing & slumping
• Frit imagery (using powdered glass)
• Using color reactions for texture and depth
• Create and fuse your own decals (additional supply fees apply)
• 22 Kt gold leaf inclusions (additional supply fees apply)
• Paint with Sunshine vitreous water based, non-toxic enamels
• The art of cold working with diamond polishers
• The Bubble up technique for creating organic patterns in glass
• Working thick – multi-layered imagery
Sound like fun? It is. Call or email for more information.
Posted in Art, fun, fused glass
Tagged 90 COE, Bullseye glass, children's glass fusing class, fused glass, Fused glass class in Sebastopol, fused glass classes, kid's fused glass class, kiln formed glass, Leland Dennick, lessons, private instruction, Sebastopol, Sonoma county fused glass class, Stacey Alysa Dennick, techniques, winter holiday fun instruction